Indirect Procurement Professionals (CAPEX or MRO)
Indirect Procurement Professionals (CAPEX or MRO)STS
STS Technical Services
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Sr Indirect Procurement Professional-Capital Equipment.
Join our team as a Sr. Indirect Procurement Professional to support Capital Equipment. This position will lead the development and execution of category plans and sourcing strategies that include contracting, industry trends, spend analytics, project pipeline, cost savings and resource planning activities.
This is What You’ll Do:
- Deliver value to the organization through developing RFx documents, evaluating supplier proposals (scope, cost, timing, resource modeling, risk, etc.), supplier recommendation and qualification to ensure project success.
- Develop and execute cost savings strategies to support company goals and departmental commitments.
- Negotiate complex purchasing agreements and statements of work.
- Engage and collaborate with internal Legal, Risk and Security departments to ensure contract agreement compliance pertaining to legal implications; terms and conditions required to protect the company.
- Manages business transactions in SAP which includes managing Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Receipts, Invoice processing and troubleshooting.
- Drives results with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of Indirect Procurement and contract management with an emphasis in Capital Equipment. In addition, they will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and effectively work under tight deadlines on a regular basis and flexibility to work in an interactive environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Strong negotiation skills necessary to seek appropriate cost, quality, and timing positions with suppliers.
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills.
- Ability to lead through indirect influence.
- Exposure to a global supply base.
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust, credibility, clear expectations and open communication.
- Professional, clear, and effective communication to a variety of stakeholders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal).
- Experience utilizing SAP purchasing preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Position will require up to 5-10% travel for supplier visits, conferences etc.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that has partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.