Industrial ElectriciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Industrial Electricians in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
The Industrial Electrician/Facility Maintenance employee is responsible for assisting in the proactive and preventive maintenance of TICO. This includes all maintenance needs and projects for buildings, grounds, and onsite equipment per approved timelines and budgets. This position will also provide janitorial support as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance and installation of all plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material handling equipment components.
- Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/tag out and confined space rules and regulations.
- Perform routine mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining maintenance activities on equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock levels of lubricants used in plant equipment.
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety improvement activities.
- Repair plumbing malfunctions (i.e. leaks, unplugging toilets and drains, etc.)
- Repair electrical malfunctions (i.e. replace fluorescent lights, light bulbs, etc.)
- Assist in remodeling projects (e.g. painting, put together furniture, etc.)
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments.
- Repair of material handling equipment.
- Math and blueprint reading skills.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading.
- Industrial electrical and electronic principles.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift.
- They must be familiar with, set up and be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ work related experience.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Working conditions may include working outside of a climate-controlled environment for long periods of time.
- PPE is required per company procedures and includes safety shoes, safety glasses and safety vest.
- Walking, sitting, standing, crouching, and lifting up to 50lbs.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.