Industrial Engineering Technicians
Industrial Engineering TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Industrial Engineering Technicians in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
The Industrial Engineering Technician is responsible for ongoing process and work place organization initiatives by analyzing and implementing time studies performed on assembly lines using pre-determined motion time system like methods-time measurement (MTM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist manufacturing engineers in developing time studies for assembly line processes.
- Observe assembly operations and develop assembly process steps through the use of video equipment.
- Perform video analysis using pre-determined motion time system in SAP
- Work closely with production teams and provide insights of results on performed analysis.
- Update time study documents with changes on assembly lines.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers to monitor changes on assembly lines.
- Assist manufacturing engineers with assembly line changes.
- Build equipment/fixtures to specifications to improve assembly processes as required.
- Communicate with cross functional departments as required.
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to manager.
- High School Diploma, an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline is preferred
- Knowledge of assembly lines, production processes, design techniques, tools, equipment and manipulators
- Knowledge of time studies
- Ability to read assembly layouts (PDF/AutoCAD) and read and interpret statistical graphs.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong communication skills, problem solving capability, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage workload and meet strict timelines
- Ability to build/assemble small equipment according to drawings
- Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen, ergonomics, line balance, Methods Time Measurement (MTM) and manpower allocation is preferred
- Experience using SAP and CAD systems is a plus
- Must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone.
- Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift (50 lbs.), and an ability to adjust vision for close vision work.
- 100% of time spent in manufacturing/test environment around industrial equipment.
- Able to travel up to 5% to other company locations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.