Industrial Equipment Mechanics
Industrial Equipment MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Industrial Equipment Mechanics in Virginia, Minnesota.
The Mechanic I will work directly under the supervision of a Lead person and/or Supervisor in a shop or field environment.
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis
- Assist in laying out and performing repairs with accuracy and quality
- Assist with assessing equipment repair needs and repair processes
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and performing minor repairs to most assigned tooling
- Assist with equipment component rebuilds and gear box rebuilds
- Assist with processing parts (inspect, clean, deem reusable or scrap)
- Working in a diverse team environment.
Technical Skill Requirement
- Forklift Task Trained
- Fire Extinguisher Task Trained
- Confined Space Task Trained
- LOTO Task Trained
- Fall Protection Task Trained
- Crane Task Trained
- Certified Rigging
- MSHA Certified
- Print Reading
- Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials and working in difficult work positions
- Vertical lifting
- Upper extremity push/pull
- Repetitive coupling
- Climbing steps/ladders
- Repetitive posture
- Static posture
- Walking Kneeling
- Overhead reach
- Current MSHA, valid driver license and able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements
- Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules
- Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers
- Constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations
Education / Experience / Other
- Associates or Millwright degree preferred but not required.
- 1 – 2 years related mechanical experience.
- Entry Level Application of trade mathematics.
- Entry Level Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas
- Entry Level Ability to use precision measuring instruments: mag particle tester, micrometer, laser aligner, caliper and bore gauges.
- Flexible work schedule.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.