Inventory Control Specialist
Inventory Control SpecialistSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Inventory Control Specialists in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organization’s inventory, ordering and supplying necessary items while maintaining accurate records of all procurements.
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Provides inventory reports to purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Forklift operator certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.