IOT Senior Principal Engineers (Onsite/Hybrid Flexible)
IOT Senior Principal Engineers (Onsite/Hybrid Flexible)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring IOT Senior Principal Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
This role is responsible for the oversight and development of an IoT platform integration. The IoT platform is responsible for: management and automation of the digital twin, deployment of the definition and deployment of the data collection strategy, and ingestion and refinement of the reported data. This role will require an understanding of the system architecture and will drive key decisions regarding the solution design and execution. Additionally, a knowledge of industry standard DEVOps tools and processes is required. An understanding of connected products manufacturing installations and standard ERP systems is necessary to determine, coordinate and execute manufacturing efficiencies. Additionally, an understanding of embedded machine software and control system design is required to ensure proper IoT platform design and launch. An additional responsibility of this role it to determine and document requirements for data visualization. These visualizations will be derived from an understanding of both internal and external customers business processes and the use of the data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- IoT System architecture requirements definition and design
- Document system requirements
- Fundamental understanding of software platforms and network technologies
- IoT platform software and system development
- Analyze business needs and document system requirements
- Define requirements for data visualizations (internal and external consumption)
- Define requirements to deliver ERP system integrations for internal efficiencies
- Develop and implement IoT system & asset cost tracking tools
- Define requirements for automated system testing
- Lead system testing efforts for Production and post Production
- Define and document IoT processes and work standards for production and post production sustainment
- Lead the team responsible for diagnostics, troubleshooting and resolution of issues with the IoT system
- Lead the integration effort with the internal IT team for the creation and sustainment of the IoT portal
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Systems, Computer Science)
- 5-plus years related experience
- Masters degree in Engineering
- Experience and schooling focused on IoT systems development and deployment
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.