IT Applications Designers (REQ #165167)
IT Applications Designers (REQ #165167)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring IT Applications Designers in Savannah, Georgia.
Designs, develops, tests and implements complex enterprise applications software including client, server and middleware. This includes designing and building complex algorithms and data structures and application performance monitoring and tuning
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: 1. Creates complex software design at the component level based on the application architecture and the detailed business requirements.
- Develops complex algorithms and data structures
- Assists with the translation of logical data design to physical database design.
- Develops strategies for the monitoring, preventive maintenance and disaster recovery of complex applications.
- Serves as technical expert in one or more applications within a portfolio.
- Assures that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Participates in the assessment and resolution of complex software defects.
- Assists project management with the development of work breakdown structures, project plans and skills required. to develop and implement applications.
- Participates in design reviews for implementation projects.
- Conducts technical evaluations.
- Leads the review, business case development and implementation of software development tools, methodology and software development standards.
- Understands IS Security measures and current standards, practices and technology.
- Serves as liaison with suppliers for sustaining activities.
- Assists with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, and supporting services.
- Supports management in recruiting and hiring
- Using knowledge of technology and existing systems, mentors junior staff on building and maintaining application systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eight (8) years of experience as an IT professional with broad experience across multiple IT disciplines.
- Expert in one or more software development languages.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) exposure is desired.
- Solid understanding of system life cycle methodologies, software development tools and standards.
- Experience working in teams.
- Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be capable of explaining complex procedures in writing or verbally.
- Must be able to write proposals and make presentations to internal customers and professional peers.
- Provides technical direction for application development teams.
- A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience.
- A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.