IT Project Managers
IT Project ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring IT Project Managers in Savannah, Georgia.
Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for defining the projects objectives and providing day-to-day coordination to ensure quality control throughout the projects life cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops individual group project plans (project work scope, task descriptions, budget estimates and manpower requirements) to meet objectives and commitments
- Develops, maintains, and monitors master project schedule.Defines and implements project standards and processes for structuring all IT projects, including process/documentation evaluation and improvement
- Tracks projected vs actual project performance and informs management of accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget & schedule status
- Develops and executes enterprise-wide communication plan as related to milestones via status reports, and presentations suitable for all levels of management and staff
- Conducts post implementation project reviews to evaluate sustaining support and document lessons learned
- Develops project documents through work with business analyst, technical and customer contacts
- Maintains current knowledge of technical and process developments in the project management arena
- Maintains and analyzes project budget
- A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in CS, IS, related field, or equivalent combination of appropriate education and/or experience
- Masters in Management or related field preferred. 7+ yrs in an IT/IS environment
- Extensive project management experience, Certified Project Manager (CPM) status and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Experienced in managing and monitoring the work of team members and ability to provide project leadership and training
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted Project Management principles and practices
- Excellent analytical skills with special attention to detail
- Ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams and meetings
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to successfully build teams and foster an atmosphere of collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with managers, directors, a diverse department, and a variety of internal and external customers
- Works to resolve resource constraints by leveling resources in project planning activities
- Works to secure funding from project sponsors for un-budgeted efforts
- Identifies/escalates issues as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills
- A Masters degree may be used to offset one year of experience; PhD may offset two years of experience
- You’ll get the opportunity to work on an Innovative team, deploying new Wearables technology to the Enterprise.
- You’ll be managing projects within a fast-paced, team environment.
- Prefer TFS (Team Foundation Server) experience and PPMc (Project and Portfolio Management Center) experience or an understanding of other project management and time tracking tools.
- Mobile app development and/or Wearables development understanding preferred.
- Scrum master experience, certification desired.
- Proven, successful results in the delivery of value-add products using agile methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Analytical ability to understand customer requirements, distinguishing needs from wants.
- Organized with good time management skills.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and we encourage you all to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.