Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Junior Engineers in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
These positions are located in the Test Management Branch of the Range Operations Division at the Atlantic Test Ranges (ATR), Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties will be performed in support of the ATR Range Safety Office and will include range safety planning and guidance, hazard analysis, documentation development, and real-time operational support.
- Develop general hazard control procedures and deliver or update range safety guidance documents.
- Develop project-specific range safety planning documents in support of test or training programs on the range.
- Develop and improve range safety risk management of unmanned air vehicle testing.
- Provide support to the Range Safety Team during range events IAW Range Safety Policy, approved range safety guidance documents, and specific planning documents associated with this test or training event.
- Qualify as a Mission Range Safety Officer whose duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the range safety representative for programs conducted on the Atlantic Test Ranges.
- Supports range safety analyses and evaluations, develops safety policies and procedures and grants range safety approval prior to projects being scheduled and tested.
- Conducts comprehensive reviews of project test plans and procedures to determine hazards. Reviews technical documentation for test programs to assure comprehensive, systematic safety solutions commensurate with basic range safety philosophy.
- Responsible for real-time range safety operational support for test missions conducted on Atlantic Test Ranges. Observes range safety procedures during test missions to evaluate compliance with current safety policy and directives.
- Consults with project offices to acquire and retain up-to-date knowledge of their weapon systems in order to promote and maintain efficient working relations within the range safety functional area.
- Supports technical efforts in safety studies or analysis efforts concerning projects being considered for test on the Atlantic ranges.
- The incumbent advises on the feasibility, suitability, and adaptability of various range safety support systems, and determines and recommends the types and quantity of range instrumentation needed to meet range safety requirements for forthcoming programs.
- The incumbent will support development, certification, and utilization of safety related systems ensuring that they are compliant with higher guidance and best practice.
- Accomplishes preliminary planning and organization in coordination with a project team or with a technical or scientific organization. Determines the data required for the studies and the feasibility of testing the system at Patuxent River.
- Develops methods to avoid safety related delays in range operations, which may be costly and tend to impede progress of weapons systems development. Remains cognizant of the cost factors associated with range safety requirements. Recommends to project managers alternative approaches to problems, offering a selection of options relative to resources.
- Must be flexible and team oriented
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. This position requires both laboratory and field work and candidates will often be required to work outdoors on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.