Landing Gear & Outside Services Analyst
Landing Gear & Outside Services AnalystSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Landing Gear & Outside Services Analysts in Florence, Kentucky.
This position is responsible for oversight of Landing Gear Maintenance and Program oversight, including shop oversight, planning, scheduling, budgeting and coordinating the logistics of the program. Will aide in technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft Landing Gears and components. Also responsible for all planning, coordination, and oversight of all customer landing gears and enforce the policies and procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for providing scheduled maintenance performance improvements, end-to-end process development, operational and financial analysis / reporting for Outside services, including component repair vendors. Monitor maintenance cost and technical performance data and lead repair and process solutions.
Values and Behavioral Standards:
To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Oversees the execution of contractual requirements at Landing Gear MRO’s (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul).
- Responsible for accurate budget input/analysis for landing gears.
- Provides operational and financial reporting metrics of landing gear shop visits.
- Evaluate and manage landing gear work scoping with MRO.
- Work in partnership with Systems Engineering to optimize work scopes and enhance maintenance cost throughout the life cycle of the landing gear.
- Requisition parts required to support landing gears during shop visit maintenance.
- Coordinates with Materials to ensure timely availability of compliant parts.
- Oversees landing gears inducted for warranty repairs and capture lessons learned to revise work scopes for future landing gear shop visits.
- Monitor and evaluate quotes and invoices for landing gear shop visits.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Planning to outline strategic outlook for forecasting of landing gear requirements.
- Utilize performance metrics to drive positive business results
- Deliver financial forecasts for landing gear events and outside services (including monthly budgeting & financial variances for operating & capital plans, in conjunction with Finance and Heavy Maintenance Teams)
- Liaise with manufacturers; repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help minimize the economic impact.
- On-site oversite of landing gear program at landing gear/component MRO.
- On-site review of landing gear teardowns, repairs, build up and test.
- Perform quarterly scrap reviews to determine and push serviceability limits.
- The liaison between the airline and the shops (MRO)
- Technical Operations 4-26-2018
- Coordinate shop visit requirements with MRO’s
- Lead & coordinate Landing Gear/Component shop visits (including developing technical bid spec documents, leading shops for each work scope for completion, monitoring & overseeing shop visits, and financial planning & forecasting for each event, and coordinate with Finance Department)
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Helps coordinate resources and technical support as necessary in cases of major mechanical problems or AOG situations related to Landing gears
- Improve efficiency and reliability by identifying recurring problems, training opportunities and recommending changes in procedures.
- Evaluates supplier performance monitoring, initiating corrective action with suppliers as necessary.
- Monitors contracts for repair services and monitors compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Provides management reports on supplier and departmental performance.
- Initiates and processes component warranty claims.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Provide data and work with the Purchasing Department to select vendors for the services. Assist in the development and review final vendor contracts.
- Acts as a liaison between component vendors and Engineering and the Repair administration to aid in lowering Rotable expense.
- Review technical and financial disposition of component repair/overhaul, in an effort to provide cost effective solutions.
- Create data analytics to identify cost reductions / Develop probabilistic models with historical data analyses.
- Create customer bill-back efficiencies to ensure timely payment by customers
- Build and maintain interactive trend reports utilizing Tableau or similar products
- Curate weekly, monthly, and quarterly presentations of current and past data trends as completed by team members and provide to relevant stakeholders
- Performs other duties as directed by Director, Scheduled Maintenance and Outside services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of analytical and reporting experience
- Knowledge of Part 121 airline procedures.
- Engineering background is a plus.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is a plus.
- 4 – 6 years of related Landing gear experience, preferably at Airline and/or Landing Gear Repair Station
- TRAX experience a plus.
- Proficient in Tableau or similar data analytics software.
- Experience with Data Visualization software a plus.
- Demonstrated sound decision-making skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with little supervision.
- Strong team, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Disciplined planner that produces successful outcomes.
- Takes pride and ownership of all responsibilities and ensures success
- Desire and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.