STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Layout Designers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
The Layout Designer will support engineers with drawing layouts by utilizing computer-aided drafting software. This role will also be responsible for creating new and modified symbols of components accordance to the Oshkosh standards.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) systems to create 3D and 2D layouts, following the direction of design team members
- Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specifications and standards
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent* with two (2) years of experience in drafting/design
- Associate degree or equivalent* with three (3) years of experience in drafting/design
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- CAD Experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Physical Demands: Frequent: Sitting, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion; Occasional: Hearing, Talking; Seldom: Standing, Walking/Running, Bending/Kneeling
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.