Lead Aircraft Composite Repair Technicians
Lead Aircraft Composite Repair TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead Aircraft Composite Repair Technicians in Rockford, Illinois.
The Composite Lead Technician is responsible to his or her respective department supervisor for all functions assigned to provide airworthiness of the aircraft upon completion of maintenance at the facility. A Lead Technician is required to be a certified A&P Technician and be a technical resource for all assigned technicians.
- Ability to perform hot and/or cold bond repairs per the Aircraft SRM, EAs & other approved documentation.
- Ability to identify damaged components by visual or tapping method.
- Ability to determine proper repair technique and materials required.
- Ability to sand, trim, prime and fit repairs to parts.
- Ensure direct reports comply with policies and procedures in accordance with our EHS policy’s AAR Rockford Repair Station Manual and SMS Program.
- Ability to follow directions for repair sequences, and completely document all necessary forms.
- Ability to understand and observe all safety procedures and maintain a clean work environment.
- Clean and remove any foreign objects generated during the course of effecting repairs.
- Record her/his time worked as directed by her/his supervisor.
- Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Document all work accomplished on a daily basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Continuous learning: ability to learn new procedures and adapt to change.
- Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems and evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Independent: must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend standard English.
- Have a general mechanical aptitude.
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in composite repairs on commercial aircraft.
- FAA Airframe OR Airframe & Powerplant license, required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work at heights up to fifty feet from the ground.
- Able to work in extreme climatic conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and comply with OSHA standards.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.