Lead Aircraft Engine Mechanics
Lead Aircraft Engine MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Lead Technician is responsible to the Supervisor of Maintenance for the overall utilization of his/her area, to include ensuring job tasks are being assigned and performed properly.
- To ensure safe work practices are followed.
- To direct technicians and coordinate the activities of his/her area so as to minimize delays, and increase production and efficiency.
- To provide training, and to assist technicians in the proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
- To make available to personnel the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directive and other required technical data.
- Ascertaining that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible person.
- The proper handling of all parts while in repair process.
- The preservation of all units or parts during process through the facility and after work is completed.
- The initiation of requisitions for stock and materials as required.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed /in-progress work to Quality Assurance for final / in-progress inspection and recertification of airworthiness.
- Provides Supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- An Associate Degree or Technical Certification is most common at this level and may be FAA required within certain Technical Areas.
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- Airframe and Power plant certificates required
- Master Technician Role requiring Expert skills to perform all standard and emerging tasks within the Technical Area assigned.
- Generally at least 5 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility in aircraft maintenance activities or substantiated equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in jet engine maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Advanced Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical area as well as a strong understanding of External Regulations and Functional Work
- Standards that affect Technical Requirements and Outputs.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a safe and professional manner.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for engine maintenance procedures.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while ensuring quality work.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Working Conditions / Environment / Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, FAA, DOT, and State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use
and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
General Commitment for All Employees:
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.