Lead Aviation Maintenance Technician
Lead Aviation Maintenance TechnicianSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Line Maintenance is hiring Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technicians in Orlando, Florida.
Hiring Note: All candidates must currently be authorized to work in the United States.
STS Line Maintenance is looking for highly motivated Aircraft Maintenance Professionals to help us grow our line maintenance station in Orlando, FL. The Lead Aviation Maintenance Technician supports the daily needs of the maintenance operations for our customers and ensures an outstanding experience by providing top-level service.
STS Line Maintenance is one of the largest line maintenance support providers in the United States, and we pride ourselves in providing high quality and reliable aircraft maintenance support throughout our extensive, rapid-response, nation-wide network.
- Candidates MUST hold a current and valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P) with no history of infractions.
- Previous experience on the A320 family, in an overhaul or Line Maintenance Environment is preferred.
- Candidates MUST have a minimum of 3 years previous aircraft maintenance Leadership Experience
- Airbus A320 Gen Fam is preferred. Requires copy of certification to receive credit.
- Candidates MUST be willing and able to work whatever shift or schedule they are assigned to. We operate this station 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have multiple schedules, including 4 days a week 10 hours a day, and 3 days a week 13.3 hours a day.
- Own set of standard line maintenance tools (calibrated & specialty tooling will be provided).
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude while being able to perform your job with minimal supervision.
- With or without accommodations, employees must be able to meet the following requirements: work standing or stooping for long periods of time, access and work in confined spaces, climb ladders and stairs and must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to pass background check as well as drug & alcohol test. In addition, he / she must be able to obtain customs & border patrol clearance and eligible to receive an airport badge
- Must have a valid and current drivers license, and a clean driving history
- Must have basic-to-mid-level computer & organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing, or replacing, malfunctioning and/or damaged components.
- Ability to work with little supervision while being able to trouble shoot and repair systems on aircraft airframes and engine(s). This includes electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Versatility and flexibility will be important as the schedule could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
- This position reports directly to the Maintenance Shift Managers and Station Management.
- Lead Aviation Maintenance Technicians will oversee Line Maintenance operations on daily maintenance and RON aircraft maintenance
- Candidate will work in close partnership with STS Airline Customers, flight crew and customer Maintenance Controllers.
- The candidate will ensure aircraft are maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, aircraft technical data, company policies and best practices.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust and repair different transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools and test equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Complete, enter and submit required operational reports.
- Direct, coach and mentor assigned line maintenance Technicians.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Able to work outdoors and in inclement weather as required.
- Work will be performed on the Airbus A320 aircraft
- We offer a starting pay rate between $39 and $42 per hour, as determined by previous experience and formal training.
- Yearly raises are available upon evaluation.
- Full Time: PTO, Health Insurance, 401K. No Benefits for Part Time.
About STS Line Maintenance:
STS Aviation Services operates 37 line maintenance stations throughout the United States, Bahamas, United Kingdom and France.
At each of these stations, our team(s) offer a full range of support services, FAA / DER engineering assistance, AOG response teams and enhanced reliability through rapid response times. Skilled mechanics stand ready to handle RON maintenance, turnaround checks, non-routine discrepancy reports and ground equipment maintenance via scheduled or on-call action.
To learn more about STS Line Maintenance and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 9176.