Lead Aircraft Mechanics
Lead Aircraft MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Aviation Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Lead Aircraft Mechanics in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Hiring Note: All candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
STS Aviation Services is rapidly growing, and we are looking for new team members to be part of our journey as the leading UK MRO. If you want to be part of the next chapter of our journey playing a key role as part of our On Wing Care Team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Based from our Manchester site, you will be required to support OWC activities for aircraft that could be at any location worldwide. As such you must be flexible and willing to travel, as required by customer needs at short notice.
This is a hugely exciting time to join us, so if you want to join a growing, dynamic organisation, where you have opportunity to make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
As a Lead Mechanic, you will be over seeing, supervising and guiding a team of engineers. You will co-ordinate your team’s tasks and organise the smooth running of the team to ensure delivery of customer expectations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver acceptable OTP at Manchester for 3rd party customers planned expectations.
- Carry out maintenance tasks to correct standard i.a.w approved data, ensuring accuracy and correct completion of STS & Third-Party paperwork
- Manage and monitor your bookings and those of your team to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Including indirect control to acceptable level of <14% daily
- Ensure you and your team work safely with regarding to Health and Safety, COSHH and company procedures
- Consider Cost reduction within Manchester Base Maintenance, initiatives to deliver cost reduction, and improve efficiencies.
- Be proactive in housekeeping standards with your work area/Hangar, to deliver a professional environment that meets both internal and external customer expectations.
- Demonstrates an awareness of STS Aviation Services Safety Management System (SMS)
- Promotes a safety culture within the workplace.
- Demonstrates a commitment to report safety concerns.
- Have an understanding of Aircraft Structural Drawings, and how to use Airbus World & MyBoeingFleet
- Have an understanding of Tool Control, promote this within your teams and understand the Lost Tool Procedure.
- Ensure tooling used for tasks are returned to Tool Stores in a timely manner.
- Undertake tasks and projects as and when requested by Management.
- Ensure all ground equipment is serviceable prior to use and that defects are reported.
- Ensure engineers on your team are actively completing their passports and assess their development.
- Monitor Contract staff in order to ensure they are suitable for employment and keep the Check Manager informed of their performance
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years Base Maintenance experience as a B1 and/or B2 mechanic
- Have a good knowledge of Human Factors, SFAR88, EWIS, and the Company’s SMS Manual and Safety & Quality Policy
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-changing environment
- Excellent in the following:
- Communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Full UK Driving licence
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates four state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.