Lead Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Lead Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Lead Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
This Senior Level technician role is responsible for supervising, mentoring and leading a group of sheetmetal technicians during, inspecting, repairing, modifying, and updating aircraft structures including primary, secondary and tertiary structures, frames, skins, flight controls, cowlings, doors, antenna mounts, doublers, special mission structures, etc.
- Manage a group or groups of sheet metal technicians during an aircraft maintenance project
- Manage calendar time and technicians hours to meet or beat the quoted time and delivery date of an aircraft maintenance project
- Identify and implement project schedule efficiencies
- Work in conjunction with airframe, engine and sheetmetal department technicians to complete projects
- Prepare daily work schedules for each assigned technician at least one day prior to the work being performed
- Inspect, repair, modify, and update aircraft systems
- Assist and mentor junior technicians in the maintenance of aircraft
- Repair and modify sheet metal aircraft structures
- Utilize technical data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish reports
- Fabricate parts and perform maintenance in accordance with FAA approved technical data
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned task
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications to determine repair or fabrication
- Utilize metal fabrication machines such as saws, brakes, shears, and grinders
- Assist other technicians in the maintenance of aircraft as required
- Maintain shop cleanliness, organization and ISO standards
- May fill in for Aircraft Technician Supervisor in their absence
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and technicians.
- Ability to read, understand and recommend changes to project work schedules.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a crew of technicians in the execution of and completion of a project.
- Ability to perform forward planning on a project (proactive planning instead of reactive planning).
Required Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- 10+ years as an aircraft sheetmetal technician
- 2+ years as an aircraft maintenance supervisor or crew lead
- 5+ years’ combined experience on any of the following airframes: Beechcraft King Air/C-12 (any derivative including 1900), Beechjet, Cessna Citation, Cessna Caravan and/or Pilatus PC-12
- Basic computer knowledge; Microsoft Word and Excel; Maintenance Technical Publications
Required Certificates and Licenses
- FAA Airframe Certificate preferred
- Beechcraft SIRM Course Certificate preferred
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Computer Skills: Corridor
- Related Aircraft Skills: PT6A Engine and JT15D Experience
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
- Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Employee must be a US citizen and not hold dual citizenship with another country.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.