Lead A&P Mechanics
Lead A&P MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead A&P Mechanics in Alcoa, Tennessee!
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment (SE), and forms and records.
- Performs production supervisor, flight chief, expediter, crew chief, support, aero repair, and maintenance functions.
- Advises on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and aerospace SE.
- Uses technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
- Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and SE.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, systems, components, and SE.
- Tests repaired components using mockups and test equipment.
- Adjusts, aligns, rigs, and calibrates aircraft systems.
- Performs engine run-up.
- Accomplishes weight and balance functions.
- Jacks, tows, and services aircraft.
- Inspects aircraft structures, systems, components, and SE.
- Supervises and performs aircraft and component inspections.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation.
- Inspects and operates powered and nonpowered aerospace ground equipment.
- Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and correction.
- Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, and reports to ensure complete documentation.
- Inventories and maintains alternate mission equipment.
- Performs supervisor, flight chief, expediter, crew chief, aero repair, support, and maintenance functions.
- Coordinates maintenance plans to meet operational commitments. Supervises and assists in launching and recovering aircraft.
- Reviews maintenance data collection summaries to determine trends and production effectiveness.
- Participate in drafting program requirements and objectives.
- Participate in aircraft and aircraft system design.
- Lead aircraft maintenance, instrumentation, and project test and evaluation activities.
- Oversee the test planning process.
- Coordinate test and evaluation events.
- Determine the readiness of flight test aircraft.
- Conduct ground and flight test of experimental certificated aircraft. Analyze test data and report on results.
- Evaluate compliance with federal regulations, design requirements and objectives.
- Communicate test results to project personnel, corporate officers, contractor, and FAA.
- Recommend changes to aircraft and aircraft systems to meet regulatory requirements, design requirements, design objectives, customer needs and safety.
- Strong communication, computer, leadership, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Certificates or Licensees: A&P preferred but not required.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Internet Software: Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, Ebis.
At STS Technical Services we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!