Lead A&P Mechanics
Lead A&P MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Lead A&P Mechanics in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
This Senior Level technician role is responsible for supervising, mentoring and leading a group of technicians during troubleshooting, inspecting, repairing, modifying, and updating aircraft systems such as sheet metal, electrical, propellers, engines, hydraulic and other systems as required.
- Manage a group or groups of technicians during an aircraft maintenance project
- Manage calendar time and technicians hours to meet or beat the quoted time and delivery date of an aircraft maintenance project
- Identify and implement project schedule efficiencies
- Work in conjunction with avionics and sheetmetal department technicians to complete projects
- Prepare daily work schedules for each assigned technician at least one day prior to the work being performed
- Troubleshoot, inspect, repair, modify, and update aircraft systems
- Assist and mentor junior technicians in the maintenance of aircraft
- Rig aircraft flight control surfaces
- Rig aircraft engines
- Rig aircraft landing gear
- Operate aircraft systems; engine “run-up”, pressurization, electrical, pneumatic, etc.
- Maintain shop cleanliness, organization and ISO standards
- May fill in for Aircraft Technician Supervisor in their absence
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and technicians.
- Ability to read, understand and recommend changes to project work schedules.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a crew of technicians in the execution of and completion of a project.
- Ability to perform forward planning on a project (proactive planning instead of reactive planning).
Required Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- 10 years as an aircraft technician under FAA Part 65;
- 2 years as an aircraft maintenance supervisor or crew lead;
- 3+ years’ combined experience on any of the following airframes: Beechcraft King Air/C-12 (any derivative including 1900), Beechjet, Cessna Citation, Cessna Caravan and/or Pilatus PC-12.
- Basic computer knowledge; Microsoft Word and Excel; Maintenance Technical Publications
Required Certificates and Licenses
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate under FAA Part 65
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Computer Skills: Corridor
- Related Aircraft Skills: PT6A Engine and JT15D Experience
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
- Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Employee must be a US citizen and not hold dual citizenship with another country.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.