Lead A&P Mechanics
Lead A&P MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead A&P Mechanics in Marana, Arizona.
To perform functions assigned in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts and accessories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and supervises those assigned to the crew during all the following assigned job functions and masterfully performs as an FAA certified Mechanic.
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reviews non-preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non-pre planned documents within scope of responsibility.
- Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged correctly and within the budgets assigned.
- Ensures that all aircraft parts/components removed from an aircraft in work, are documented, tagged, and protected.
- Signs and ensures that crew members sign and document aircraft maintenance on appropriate work cards or forms when work is completed or turned into the booth for turnover per Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets accepted and approved data such as manufacturers’ and airlines’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, SRM’s and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of trouble shooting repairing inspecting parts for wear, or other defects or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components on aircraft and powerplants.
- Coach, develops and provides on-the-job training with employees assigned to his/her crew. Complete OJT and ensure that training is documented in employee training records.
- Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Ensure that work assignments are in place for his/her crew prior to start time to eliminate unproductive time.
- Prior to the beginning of next shift, review turn-over report and aircraft flow chart to determine appropriate work assignments for the oncoming crew.
- Review tooling and material requirements to ensure the oncoming crew can accomplish their assigned tasks without associated delays.
- Ensure that on-coming crew members are assigned and clocked in to tasks immediately upon reporting to the control booth at the beginning of their shift.
- Ensure that additional tasks are staged and ready for immediate assignment as crew members complete previously assigned tasks and are prepared to begin their next task.
- Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
- Review all completed and partially completed tasks to ensure proper documentation and signoffs prior to returning card to booth or turn-over to next shift.
- Must write a detailed turn-over report to include tasks accomplished, critical path tasks for the next shift, tool/material and budget statuses.
- Works closely with management and Production Control Booth Coordinator to maintain the aircraft visibility work boards indicating the work remaining and work-in-progress.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required
- Three to five years’ experience on Boeing wide body aircraft maintenance preferred
- A&P License and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- 5 years of heavy MX experience on the B747 and/or A330 aircraft
- Ability to work with and coach less experienced employees
- Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level
- Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to or over 75 pounds
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, servicing carts and test equipment, hand tools, rivet guns, drills
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.