Lead Internal Auditors
Lead Internal AuditorsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead Internal Auditors in Hagerstown, Maryland.
As the Internal Audit Lead, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the development, implementation, and oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Compliance Program. In this key position, you will conduct audits to evaluate the design, implementation, and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (“ICFR”), ensuring alignment with established policies, procedures, and best practices within the organization.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the organization in achieving Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by applying the principles outlined in the COSO 2013 Internal Controls – Integrated Framework.
- Research and prepare accounting position papers to guide business units in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Execute audit programs to perform tests of controls, evaluating business unit compliance with company policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Conduct data analysis to identify anomalies, researching and addressing root causes for outliers.
- Support business units in the development and maintenance of policy, procedure, and process documents.
- Lead an audit team in completing internal audit engagements for various business units.
- Prepare and issue comprehensive audit reports summarizing findings and proposing corrective action plans.
- Communicate and monitor the implementation of corrective actions to address audit findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Six (6) or more years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or treasury.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in SOX Compliance, Internal Audit, or External Audit.
- Detailed knowledge of SOX requirements and the COSO framework.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and strong leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international accounting regulations.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.