Lead Material Planners
Lead Material PlannersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lead Material Planners in Erlanger, Kentucky.
The Material Planner Lead is responsible for the routine and orderly replenishment allocation of aircraft materials. Decipher sophisticated leadership objectives into simple practical processes. Lead the team to achieve goals holistically.
- Responsible for the planning and administration, at optimum balance of cost, quality, and supplier service of material required to support aircraft maintenance.
- Fiduciary duty for the airline overall financial health, safety, security and compliance by allocating and strategic planning of aircraft material requirements.
- Provision for Station allocation with lists of Airframe and Engine parts based on Recommended Spare Parts List (RSPL), Installed data, historic demand, and future flight plan. Conduct meetings with Maintenance and Engineering to develop holistic replenishment strategy.
- Capable of using Boeing math model to calculate optimal spare allocation and proficient in explaining the statistical output.
- Oversee Loan and Delay review process. Provide recommendations to prevent repeat loaners and mitigate delays.
- Ability to read Engineering Order (EO), Service Bulletins (SB) and Airworthiness Directives (AD) publications. Perform cost-benefit analysis with Engineering to make sure the latest technologies is applicable to the fleet with the right part number setup based on interchangeability and effectivity. Deactivate obsolete part number in the system.
- Allocate aircraft parts. Review recommendation to allocate critical parts based on historic usage and forecasted flight pattern.
- Assign reorder level requisitions to stores, repairs, or technical procurement to ensure allocations are filled in a timely and the most economic manner.
- Monitor department KPIs and provide detailed feedback on negative trends to Management
- Ability to work day/night or weekend and off site shift schedule to support the operation as needed. Provide coverage for other planners on vacation or sick.
- Communicate and resolve Aircraft material issues with Engineering, Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, and Quality Control.
- Lead and guide Material Planner I, II & Sr on their duties and assignments. Keep track of group emails and ensure tasks are completed by the required deadline and be a point of escalation for the team.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for new process improvement opportunities. Maintain and refine existing SOPs with flowcharts, worksheets and reference documents.
- Attend meetings on behalf Material Planning Department as assigned and during Sr. Manager absence to ensure cost effective allocation of quality materials in support of aircraft maintenance.
- Ensures adherence to Approved Vendor Listing (AVL) and General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- BS/BA preferred
- 7-9 years of Procurement/Procurement Planning experience within the airline industry
- 1 year experience in a lead capacity
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in statistical analysis using Microsoft Excel functions and pivot tables.
- Familiar with SQL Server coding preferred, not require.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.