Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Lethality Engineers in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
STS is actively seeking a Lethality Engineer. This role is a key function within the project engineering team, with immediate focus on delivering the Next Generation Combat Vehicle/Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle (NGCV/OMFV) program. Responsible for defining and delivering the end to end lethality system that will ensure effective defeat of threats on the future battlefield.
Title and position level are commiserate with years of experience of candidate selected.
- Engineering support for all US Lethality Engineering activities to include but not limited to
- Weapon performance & integration
- Ammunition handling
- Sight performance & integration
- Fire control system design
- Overall turret design & testing
- System certification & safety release
- Potentially act as subsystem lead within the lethality discipline, including body of evidence generation
- Coordinate and support the engineering efforts for NGCV/OMFV including requirement traceability and compliance analysis, design maturation and associated development gate reviews, vehicle subsystem packaging, SWAP-C alignment, and supplier management.
- Support the development of subsystem and component Statement of Work (SOW), Critical Item Development Specification (CIDS), Interface Control Document (ICD), and supplier Request of Proposal (RFP) artifacts
- Apply working knowledge of system lethality spanning weapon, ammunition, fire control, gun control, and sighting systems for both lethal and non-lethal effects
- Assist in development and execution of subsystem and system level qualification testing as applicable
- Support system levels trade studies and analysis to determine a balanced system design
- Author and review technical documents and design artifacts
- Support and adhere to all company safety and environmental regulations & policies
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Occasional travel to Europe will be required
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Chief Engineer or his/her delegate
- BSc Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Mechatronics, Systems, Aerospace, Automotive)
- MSc Engineering desired (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Management)
- 5 years’ experience in US Defense programs
- Familiarity with the US DoD ground vehicle requirements, US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and acquisition.
- Knowledge of Systems based design and related Standards/Processes
- Applied working knowledge in the domain of lethality, with a proven track record of product development throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Wide range of experience in Weapon and Ammunition development, manufacturing, testing desired
- Ability to present technical solutions to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Practical ‘hands on’ attitude with the ability to operate independently.
- Currently hold or have ability to apply for a SECRET US Defense clearance
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical, electronic, electrical engineering and vehicle principles.
- Experience with CAx (i.e. UG Nx, Solidworks, CATIA, pro E) software and 3D Printing, as well as general Material (e.g. Steel, Aluminum, Ceramic) properties.
- Experience of working in a multinational, multi-organizational and corporate environment.
- Ability to speak German desired
- Preferred 10 years US Defense programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and be able to assimilate complex instructions easily. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to establish productive relationships. Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills is required. Must possess the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that makes sense to someone less knowledgeable about the topic.
- Strategic Thinking and Decisive Judgment: Must demonstrate an enthusiasm to engage with and support overseas colleagues to ensure all staff have the information and opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Teamwork: Must promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across the organization and its external service providers. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and work with integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
- Customer Oriented: Must display exceptional listening and analytical skills in order to understand customer concerns and needs with the ability to respond promptly and effectively to those needs.
- Leadership: Shall support and encourage performance by motivating individuals and teams to achieve high performance. Will clarify and define the goals and strategies of the organization and successfully communicate this to all. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with the US team, suppliers, customer, and corporate parent staff.
- Drive for Results: High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing “analysis” with “doing”. Must be adaptable and able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work on own initiative.
- US Project Team
- Internal Engineering and Management
- Engineering Director
- Vehicle System Division Purchase and Project Management Team and broader Corporate Team as required
- PEO GCS, NGCV CFT, US Program Team(s), US Army TACOM, US Army TARDEC
- Third party contractors and suppliers
- Commercial partners
- Validation / Qualification test facilities
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.