Logistics Engineer III
Logistics Engineer IIISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Logistics Engineers III in Melbourne, Florida.
Position: Logistics Engineer III
Duration: 9 months
Location: Melbourne, FL
- Involved with the analysis of projects/contracts to determine System Safety and logistics requirements
- Primary takings will center on the ability to analyze, organize, plan and administer various phases of day-to-day System safety, on various developmental and production products
- Qualified individual shall be knowledgeable of MIL-STD-882 rev E, MIL–HDBK- 1472 and SEL 1183 and shall be responsible for:
- Developing System Safety Program Plan (System/Software)
- Identify and document System Hazards
- Hazard Tracking Logs
- Hazard Risk Assessment
- Develop and maintain Safety Assessment Reports (SARs)
- Human Factors Engineering
- Develop logistics plans to enhance the distribution of goods and supplies.
- Conduct distribution and network studies, monitor inventory and analyze requirements to develop strategies in achieving desired delivery times.
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
- Report of progress and status regularly
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of less-complex proposals
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Be knowledgeable of MIL-STD-882 rev E, MIL–HDBK- 1472 and SEL 1183
- Secondary skills include manuals/training, provisioning, spares and maintenance/repair activities
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.