Logistics Operatives (Nights)
Logistics Operatives (Nights)STS
STS Aviation Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Logistics Operatives (Nights) in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
STS Aviation Services is looking to recruit a number of Logistics Operative, on a fixed term basis, to join our materials & logistics department based at our hangar facility at Birmingham Airport. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing business. As a Logistics Operative, you will work as part of a team within our busy logistics department and will be responsible for the receiving and movement of items within the facility.
- Ensure that all material receiving and distribution is carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensure tools and components used in the hangar are batched and held in approved stores.
- Arrange for the movement of materials from receiving to the various company locations, together with coordinating stores activities.
- Ensure that the role is performed in line with requirements and regulations. This includes general housekeeping, safety requirements and storage conditions.
- Provide logistics support to manage urgent and high priority requirements and to assist the Logistics Manager and Leads in other functions if required.
- Ensure that all tools are kept in a calibrated status and in a good working condition.
- Prepare Parts and consumables for the shop floor in a coordinated and organized manner.
Skills and Experience:
- Working experience within a logistics environment
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- The role will require the individual to obtain airside passes, as well as completing security vetting (SC).
In return you can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, Death in Service Benefit, Free Parking, Onsite Canteen.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.