STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Logistics Operators in Atlanta, Georgia!
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review Fortigo (TMS) planning queue to determine shipping order accuracy, correct mode of transportation for given material size, packaging, and least cost method of transportation while also meeting delivery time requirements
- Recognizing opportunities to consolidate multiple shipments and working with suppliers, internal customers, and service providers (Penske for trucking) to reduce overall transportation spend
- Track and Trace assigned shipment activity to ensure service levels are being met and resolving issues to include elevating to leaders when necessary for problem resolution
- Assist with onboarding of suppliers to the Fortigo (TMS) platform and assisting with training when requested and/or needed
- Become proficient in recognizing opportunities to utilize CoMat (Company Material) as a mode of transport (no cost) vs. routing via OAL (Other Air Line) at a higher cost
- Execute CoMat shipments by becoming proficient at reviewing WebVision (Cargo system) for space availability and then booking via the Fortigo platform to include first/final mile transportation
- Identify projects that will reduce transportation costs within assigned area of responsibility. Targets will be mutually agreed upon with assigned leader
- Assist with reporting that may be required or assigned by leader
- Become proficient with contracted carrier rates and utilize decision making tools to advise internal customers on least cost/best service methods
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, supply chain or related field preferred but not required
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and have an ability to implement change
- A background in trucking transportation, air freight, freight forwarding, 3rd party logistics, intermodal transportation, or ocean transportation highly preferred
- Must be proficient in written and oral communications
- Proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to use analytical tools is preferred, while analytic experience in the areas of air freight, sea freight, and trucking in a global context is also strongly preferred
- Experience utilizing Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and also with implementations highly desirable but not required
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex processes within cross-functional teams
- Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple assignments
- Experience with finance budgets, economic analysis, and achieving cost saving targets is preferred
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position At the HM’s descretion person in this role may be processed for a TOC Badge.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.