STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Logistics Operators in Melbourne, Florida.
Performs a combination of warehouse, shipping and/or receiving tasks, and inspection, as well as 5S Implementation and Coordination.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tasks in regards to the receiving process
- Receive Intercompany PO’s
- Perform the Volume and Manifest transactions
- Research information pertaining to incoming shipments
- Put away of parts to stock
- Perform basic tasks in regards to the shipping process
- Arrange delivery of parts offsite or customer pick up
- Generate shipping documentation, including AWB (airway bill), invoice, SLI (Shippers Letters of Instructions) and other Manual shipments
- Perform “Skip Lot” and UOM conversions
- Domestic and International shipping
- Perform basic tasks in warehouse organization and management
- Analyze basic material movements to locate parts, serial number, and quantity change
- Perform stock transfers and labeling, as well as parts packing and repacking when needed
- Perform cycle counts and recounts
- Return of stock material re-certified/repaired
- May be required to handle shipping and receiving of hazardous material
- Handles emergencies (such as no SAP, parts expediting, panic ticket system)
- May be required to handle hazardous material documentation, and international paperwork
- Suggests improvements on activities, processes and tasks
- High School/ GED required
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Intermediate Level Service, Production or Support Worker role requiring basic skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the function.
- Generally 1-3 years of experience in area of responsibility. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place.
- Ability to multitask, multi-functional, and a team player.
- Forklift certified and ability to operate machinery and power-tools
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions
- Knowledge of inventory systems and methods
- User knowledge of Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Able to navigate through SAP
- Valid Driver License is required
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Housekeeping duties and maintenance of clean work area (i.e. keep warehouse area clean and neat at all times).
- Must be able to keep standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.