Machinists (PFE Program)
Machinists (PFE Program)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Machinists in Atlanta, Georgia.
- This position will be part of a team of machinists operating shop equipment to manufacture, repair and or restore aircraft engine parts to their original serviceable condition.
- Required to design and construct tooling when necessary.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must be willing to work alternate shifts, off days and weekends as required.
- Particular functions, tasks, and requirements may vary depending upon the location and operational requirements.
- Must be able to work efficiently and be self-motivated with little or no supervision.
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Two-year post-secondary Machine Tool Technology Certificate or 4 years precision machining experience in the set up and operation of Vertical and Horizontal Lathes, EDM (Electrostatic Discharge Machine), and MAZAK Mazatrol CNCs (CNC is preferred, not required).
- Must know the use of and perform work using all types of machine shop measuring instruments.
- Must be able to pass a skills test administered by Dept. 300.
- This shop is a 24/7 operation.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work alternate shifts, off days, weekends and holidays as required to meet operational demand.
- Should demonstrate theoretical and working knowledge of jobs and skills performed in a machine shop.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and apply information contained in detailed and complex technical manuals, procedural manuals and blueprints with little or no assistance.
- Able to study, master and apply a series of steps, rules and guidelines needed to perform a variety of tasks.
- Able to respond with flexibility to change or multiple work assignments.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.