Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Machinists in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Follows general instructions, reads and interprets complex blueprint drawings and specifications to set-up and machine items to fabricate out of sequence emergent production parts as required using manual and CNC machines. Develops and revises Machine Control Data (MCD) and geometry. Assists the team in resolving issues and completing job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one’s actions.
- Exhibits a moral, legal or mental accountability in areas of responsibility.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
- Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
- Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.<
- Effectively plan what is to be achieved and involve all relevant stakeholders.
- Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations.
- Demonstrate the use of information -gathering techniques, analyzing situations and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor progress and to make changes as required.
- Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the teams energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.
- Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team.
Desired Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of adhesive materials (such as epoxy, urethane, polyimide, reinforcements, etc) and processes.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g., machining, fabricating, chemical processing, composites, electrical/electronic) and materials.
- Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic, general purpose and precision measuring test equipment (e.g., Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR), multimeters, oscilloscopes, noise/bus/logic/spectrum analyzers, calipers, micrometers, etc.) and associated calibration requirements.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, machines/machine tools, cutting tools and fluids, N/C programming, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems).
- Ability to select the best method of producing parts, tools or assemblies.
- Knowledge of material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites (e.g., autoclave curing, lay-up, co-curing, repair), sealants and finishes processing (e.g., plating, painting, surface preparation, fay surface sealing, fillet sealing), and ceramic (e.g., high temperature processing, machining) and electronic materials (e.g., soldering, printed circuit board cleaning, conformal coating).
- Knowledge of material removal (e.g. metal machining, composite trimming) and material build up (e.g. composites lay-up) to the Numerical Control (NC) programming lifecycle for complex aerospace hardware. Ability to plan, create, validate, and document machine control data (MCD).
- Knowledge of polymers and composite materials (such as carbon, fiberglass, aramid, adhesives, thermoset/thermoplastic resins).
- Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the system, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans, anticipate future events, and apply the principles of systems thinking to accelerate performance.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.