Maintenance ManagersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Managers in Savannah, Georgia.
The maintenance manager is responsible for maintaining an efficient fleet, support equipment and facility that is safe, clean, and in good mechanical condition with maximum utilization at the optimum cost. This position ensures that all vehicles and equipment are maintained in accordance with applicable local, state, federal, and company requirements. The maintenance manager is also responsible for planning, budgeting, staffing, discipline, and implementation of all maintenance initiatives and programs. This position will also be responsible for the successful set up and operation of an in house reman facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and promotes clean, safe work areas in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Company standards.
- Ensures that vehicles and equipment are repaired and returned to service in a safe and timely manner.
- Plans, schedules, implements, and monitors preventative maintenance activities.
- Hires, trains, supervise, rewards, and disciplines all fleet maintenance staff in accordance with established policies.
- Assures technician schedules coincide with truck availability.
- Coordinates closely with the Operations manager to ensure scheduled maintenance is accomplished in a timely manner while assuring dispatch coverage for Operations.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with management, team members and supervisors
- Ensures integrity of TMT (maintenance software).
- Ability to manage multiple shifts.
- Responsible for warranty recovery and providing feedback on potentially deficient products or design.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- A High school diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial experience or equivalent training in Fleet Maintenance.
- Work experience in management of a large fleet operation or solid waste maintenance programs.
- Work experience complying with environmental regulations, OSHA regulations, City, State, and Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and requirements.
- TWIC card or the ability to attain TWIC shortly after on boarding.
- ASE certification(s) or equivalents.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/lead experience in a fleet maintenance environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.