Maintenance MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
- Understand and follow all safety procedures
- Current on all safety trainings
- Wear all required PPE when necessary (steel toe boots, safety glasses, ear plugs)
- Understand Lock Out Tag Out procedures for assigned areas.
- Perform duties according to OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Complete General Plan Safety Training within the first 8 weeks
- Install, repair, and maintain machinery equipment
- Inspect and assess the functionality of production machines
- Troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns to determine the cause of the issue. Make repairs once a problem has been identified.
- Cut and weld metal pieces together as needed to fabricate new parts, assemble equipment or repair broken parts as needed
- Prioritize repair tasks and maintain contact with vendors as needed to complete repair tasks in timely manner
- Controls down-time by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Conduct daily walk through and regularly scheduled maintenance on weekly, monthly, annual basis to keep machines running at they are intended and to avoid any down-time due to break-downs or improper operations
- Manage reports pertaining to the repair and maintenance
- Maintain spare parts. Perform inventory counts once every 3 months.
- Control and maintain department budget to determine modification and investment in new equipment or/and system and manage appropriate documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous related experience in manufacture setting
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Welding experience is a plus
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of staff
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and vendors
- Ability to provide guidance and expert advice to management and others
- Excellent skills in organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Troubleshooting skills to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to traverse property and facility to diagnose issues and plan repairs or maintenance
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed
- Must be able to lift at least 75lbs and to push-pull up to 100lbs.
- Must be able to work long periods while continuously standing, twisting, bending, reaching, and stooping
- Must be able to work environment which is dusty and noisy
- Must be able to work in plant environment with extreme seasonal temperatures
- Holds Self and Others accountable
- Contributes to “The Nichiha Way”
- Shares lessons learned on safety practices
- Demonstrates self-care and mutual-care
- Team Player
- Treats others with respect
- Helps others
- Communicates effectively
- Thinks of team before self
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding of adhering to company policies and procedures (attendance, timekeeping, housekeeping)
- Open to constructive feedback
- Actively seeks ways to develop
Knowledge and Problem Solving:
- Effectively assist in resolving issues using job knowledge and skills
- Able to identify issues and actively seeks to resolve
- Offers pragmatic solutions
- Continuously seeks new and innovative work methods
Imitative and Productivity:
- Understands performance expectations (quality, timeliness)
- Strives to improve efficiency / bottleneck issues
- Adaptive to new ways of improvement
- Questions current status for improvements
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.