Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Mechanics in West Point, Mississippi.
Maintenance Mechanic employees are responsible for performing all preventive and repair maintenance procedures in the facility. Maintenance Mechanic employees must be knowledgeable of all tools and equipment used within the facility. Maintenance Mechanic employees must demonstrate a thorough understanding of facility systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, water and gas. Maintenance Mechanic employees are responsible for safety and be trained in Lock Out Tag Out.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for performing 2-minute checklist prior to beginning maintenance repairs.
- Responsible for “Hot Work Permit” when and where required.
- Responsible for following “Lock Out Tag Out” policy.
- Responsible for the safety of the employees within the department.
- Responsible for assisting area supervisor with material inventory and control.
- Responsible for department supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining tools in proper working condition.
- Must have demonstrated a thorough understanding of all facility systems.
- Works well as a productive member of a team.
- Must be able to perform all work within department.
- Must be proficient at:
- General Maintenance.
- General Electrical.
- General HVAC
- General Plumbing.
- Must be able to interpret work instructions and drawings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience.
- High school or equivalent.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout facilities.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must wear all required PPE as instructed by safety department.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.