Maintenance / Safety Coordinators
Maintenance / Safety CoordinatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance / Safety Coordinators in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Implement and manage safety programs and procedures that will reduce injuries and their associated costs, as well as meet all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties (Safety):
- Conduct safety audits of the facility for unsafe working conditions, behaviors and practices and develop sound recommendations for corrections
- Investigate injury reports and follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken
- Oversee safety-related training that is required to remain in compliance with all applicable regulation (Forklift, order pickers, new hire orientation, etc.)
- Develop and recommend general accident prevention programs to include specific protective procedures and devices
- Maintain supplies such as PPE inventory and First Aid equipment
- Ensure all wastes and recyclable materials are characterized, stored, labeled in accordance with applicable regulations
- Coordinate waste disposal and wastewater/storm water characterization and sampling
- Performs waste area inspections and weekly environmental inspections
- Maintains waste records and supports reporting requirements
- Supports spill clean-up activities and subsequent incident reporting and investigations
- Maintains inventory of spill response equipment, waste containers and sampling supplies
- Conduct new employee environmental training on a weekly basis (or as required)
- Management of SDSs online for facility and customer requests
- Support environmental depart with reporting requirements
- Perform general facility maintenance and execute facility layout plans (marking lanes, discipline squares, etc.)
- Responsible for PIT equipment, repairing electrical fixtures, construction, work on hydraulics, work on a variety of machines in production, inspection of electrical areas, preventative maintenance, pneumatics, air conditioner maintenance, and repair of welder and CNC equipment.
- Schedule PM’s and repair work
- Spot Problems or potential problems and take initiative to correct them.
- Assist in the training and development of other employees.
- Must also be able to perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the supervisor
- 2 years of warehouse/distribution or manufacturing experience
- Must be forklift certified or be able to become certified
- First Aid/CPR/AED, RCRA, DOT training
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or related field
- Work experience in industry
- Must be knowledgeable with applicable EHS regulations.
- Experience with conducting EHS training
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must possess computer skills
- Facilities maintenance and Security experience
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.