Maintenance TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Technicians in Appleton, Wisconsin.
At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you’ll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people’s lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
With a Career at Pierce, You Can Expect:
- Competitive Pay – pay based on experience and education
- 2nd shift premium of $2.00 per hour
- Merit increases at 6 months, 12 months, and then annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, 401k plan & company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, paid vacation, paid holidays
- Effective after 30 days
- Job Stability
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Customer Focus
- Culture for Fostering Teamwork
- Respected Leaders
- People First Culture
- Openings are on 2nd and 3rd shift
- Shift times and overtime hours vary dependent on position, department, and location
- 2nd Shift: Monday – Friday, five 8 hour days, overtime worked at the beginning of the shift and on Saturday’s
- 3rd Shift: Sunday – Thursday, five 8 hour days, overtime worked before the shift and on Friday’s
Summary of Job Description:
The positions within a Maintenance Technician are responsible for a wide variety of maintenance work on equipment, factory vehicles, and the overall facility. The employee must be able to troubleshoot electrical, plumbing, and mechanical problems. They assist in training new employees and must maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Communicate verbally with co-workers to keep a safe working environment
- Follow written and verbal instructions to complete tasks
- Lift light and/or heavy parts on and off a cart, floor, shelf, etc.
- Check and review work orders and complete tasks on a priority basis
- Inspect and troubleshoot electrical, plumbing, and mechanical problems
- Replace and/or repair worn-out, broken, and damaged components, equipment, and parts
- Operate a crane/hoist for heavy lifting
- Operate forklift, tow motor, tractors, and other facility vehicles safely
- Inspect forklifts and tow motors before, during, and after operation
- Handle wires and hardware
- Transport tools, parts, supplies, and equipment safely throughout the facility
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Report repair statuses to department supervisors
- Communicate using hand held radios with other maintenance personnel
- Knowledge in welding, metal fabrication, and/or technical equipment
- Assist co-workers with heavy lifting of parts
- Sweep and clean shop areas
- Work required hours and have an excellent attendance record
- Work overtime as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
Marginal Work Functions:
*These functions may be considered essential based on location, position, and other factors.
- Enter data into computer program*
- Take apart and set up office walls and furniture*
- Work with other co-workers in the same area*
- Fix and repair forklifts and tow motor complications*
- Assist in training new employees*
- Work outside in all weather conditions: snow, rain, heat, and cold to complete tasks*
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Forklift Certified
- At least three years of semi-skilled maintenance experience
Preferred Qualifications to Complete Essential Functions:
- Associate’s Degree in Electro Mechanical Technology and or equivalent experience
Key Abilities Needed to Complete Essential Functions:
*All positions require the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon request.
- Perform all assigned tasks
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills
- Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions
- Follow instructions from supervisors and other co-workers
- Use and wear personal protective equipment as indicated by the task or environment
- Hear safety alarms, other co-workers, and from hand held radios
- Perform counting tasks
- Read safety manuals, blue prints, and work orders
- Understand and identify safety issues
- Maintain balance when walking and standing on potential slippery work floor
- Maintain balance when climbing onto a forklift truck, ladders, and steps
- Individually lift and manipulate parts/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Tolerate constant standing and sitting while performing tasks
- Tolerate occasional kneeling, crouching and confined space while performing tasks
- Have good hand eye coordination
- Use both hands for tool operation, carrying of parts, and assisting co-workers with heavy lifting of parts
- Operate and access heavy equipment safely and effectively
- Remember task sequence and safety constraints
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.