STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Trainers at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland.
The Test Support Representative Lead (TSRL) has a key role in the organization, in providing support, service and assistance during vehicle testing at the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG). The goal is to ensure rapid repairs to the vehicle in the event of failure. The purpose of this job is to be the point of contact for Mack Defense at APG throughout testing. The TSRL will also provide technical assistance, ensuring effective service operations as well as supporting customer satisfaction initiatives. The TSRL will act as a technical assistant and/or as a mechanic to assist the military workshops in maximizing customer uptime through problem resolution and repairs. This position requires representation of the client’s brand and demands a high degree of confidentiality. The TSRL is the face of the company for the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for our client
- Manage the test site day-to-day operations
- Conduct daily morning meetings with engineering to provide vehicle test status
- Clarify Test Incident Reports (TIRs) as necessary
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Ensure spare parts are being replenished
- Maintain/update spare parts inventory sheets daily
- Applying the IPS contract and its military specific requirements
- Assist Aberdeen technicians in the repair of the Heavy Duty Truck
- Heavy Duty Truck inspection and repair
- Heavy Duty Truck expert technical advice
- Maintenance activities
- Investigation of technical problems including the identification of appropriate corrective actions
- Add-on-armor installation
- Equipment set-up
- Support to engineering tasks
- Planning, scheduling and technical support and resource management
- Permanent report of activities to IPS Manager
- Implementing action plans aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction
- Diagnosing performance problems with several diagnostic tools
- Applying quality campaigns and retrofit, when necessary
- Ensuring the prompt resolution of customer technical issues
- Reporting activities as required by the Contract
- Achieving a balance between customer and contractual expectations, internal company procedures, and other priorities in the department
- Assisting military workshops in minimizing customer TAT (Turn Around Time)
- TSRL must follow rules and way of conduct described by our client.
- TSRL must report all their activities to IPS Manager.
- TSRL must always work in the interest of our client
- TSRL is responsible of their tools and equipment.
- TSRL must report immediately any incident or issue to IPS Manager.
- During the first months the TSRL will be involved in the Acquisition/Integrated Product Support (IPS) contract and will provide the following support:
- Reception and inspection of the trucks at APG
- Supporting equipment failures by providing diagnosis, repair and assistance
- The TSRL shall be in support of APGs Test Site Manager.
- The TSRL will have access to applicable APG maintenance facilities at its location and will work during normal business hours.
- Heavy Duty Truck expertise
- Military In-Service Support expertise
- Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, and professional fields
- OEM qualified, authorized to carry out work in accordance with OEM maintenance specifications
- Minimum Education and Experience: Diploma in automotive mechanics or technology (or equivalent experience required or Certificate of Educational Qualification suitable to the work required)
- 5 years of automotive industry experience
- 5 years of military industry experience
- Experience working on Heavy Duty Trucks
- TechTool 2 diagnostic tool expert (RT or RTD training)
- Two years of management experience
- Two years of customer service experience
- Motor Vehicle Operator License for trucks (with air brake system and automatic gear box)
- Valid A/C operator certification
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services places Mechanics, Engineers, veterans and technical professionals into contract and direct hire positions across the U.S. We work with some of the largest corporate names in the country, and we have hundreds of opportunities for you to explore! If you have questions, please call 1-800-359-4787. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.