Manufacturing Engineer Associates
Manufacturing Engineer AssociatesSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineer Associates in Melbourne, Florida.
The Manufacturing Engineer I performs functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. Prepares plans, conducts support studies, and provides analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations. Responsibilities are diverse in scope where analysis of situations or data requires sound technical judgment. Utilizes lean manufacturing to reduce cost and cycle time. May specialize in Manufacturing, Industrial, System, Mechanical, Electrical or Aeronautics Engineering.
- Resolves engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; reviewing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating installations, components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards
- Lean manufacturing skill set and knowledge with experience implementing lean methodologies/tools
- Experience establishing labor standards, line balancing, and factory layouts to improve material flow and labor efficiencies to meet Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost targets
- Electrical Engineer: Evaluates electrical systems, avionics, products, components and applications applying knowledge of electricity and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment and practices; soliciting observations of stakeholders and application of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Assures compliance with all applicable specs and regulations
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering
- Desired: Advanced Engineering Degree and/or Six Sigma – Green Belt Certification
- 0-4 Years aircraft manufacturing/maintenance/repair experience
- Or equivocal combination of education and work experience
- Adept at analyzing, interpreting and resolving Information
- Analytical and statistical tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with planning practices and tools
- Proficient in Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint), MES, CATIA, & SAP
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Utilization of Lean Production concepts
- Systemic vision
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with deadlines and pressured situations
- Interact with senior management, staff, and production/technical staff
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.