Manufacturing Engineers (Level 2)
Manufacturing Engineers (Level 2)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers in Archbald, Pennsylvania.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- This position may be responsible for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Interfaces as the projects lead resource with design, manufacturing, test, quality, and the program office as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Uses SAP, lean six sigma concepts, and other tools to analyze and design sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Conducts studies and implements plans pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Must be US Citizen
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience doing Manufacturing Engineering.
- Ability to Plan and set up production work cells
- Write work instructions that can be easily followed by assemblers
- Support production floor questions about builds
- Implement Corrective and Preventative actions when required to reduce/eliminate defects
- Proficient with Microsoft
- Cables/harnesses experience
- Electro-mechanical assembly experience
- SAP Experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.