Manufacturing Engineers II
Manufacturing Engineers IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers III in Savannah, Georgia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed).
- Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions.
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform producibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements.
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
- Background in structures planning preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality.
- Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.