STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers to join our client’s weld automation team in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Conduct manufacturing/weld engineering assignments in conformity with sound engineering principles, policies, and controls to develop new methods, tooling, and process designs to resolve quality and cost issues in manufacturing with the use of full factory automation systems.
- Assist and recommend to Product Design Engineering, fabrication and robotic welding, design policies regarding quality maintenance, documentation and improvement, design for manufacturability and assembly, and maintain or decrease the associated costs.
- Create, modify and execute complex robotic welding programs utilizing engineering drawings, solid modeling concepts, off line programming software and detailed sequence of operation routings and work instructions. Establish robotic and automated welding parameters; adjust weld data, torch angles, electrical extensions, starting techniques, and other robotic/welding variables as necessary.
- Balance welding operations to achieve maximum efficiency using off line programming software, and CAM/CAD including analyzing and determining proper weld sequence for cycle time and part dimensional improvements to reduce lead-time and ensure part consistency.
- Plan, organize and deliver training on robotic welding operations and programming processes including robotic welding operators, maintenance, supervision and other support personnel. Train and assist with work cell operation and weld execution needs on the shop floor.
- Evaluate weld defects, develop corrective action including analysis of weld joints using inspection and testing activities to validate conformance of weld procedures to P&H standards.
- Associate’s degree (AAS) or equivalent; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Off Line Programming Software such as Robot Studio, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software and Manufacturing software.
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector status required. In addition, the following are desirable; Certified Welding Engineer, Certified Welding Educator and Certified Robotic Arc Welding -Technician.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.