STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers in Plymouth, Michigan.
This opportunity is great for those who thrive under pressure and not only have a passion for Quality but Customer Service.
The Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development… we want you!
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and oversee the manufacturing of all in-house machining fixtures. (Mill, Lathe, Hob, Grinding, etc.)
- Develop PFMEAs for all new product launches and work with Quality Department to finalize control plans.
- Assist in developing in-process check procedures, work instructions and tooling reviews with manufacturing.
- Assist engineering department with all data management, engineering changes, and all other related engineering documentation when needed.
- Monitor the progress of new product launches to their timelines.
- Oversee outside manufacturing services and tooling builds on initial product launch (Including casting and forging tooling).
- Participate in corrective action meetings to investigate root causes and implement engineering changes where needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by researching efficiency improvements and developing proposals; Includes the overseeing and implementation of improved procedures and new equipment installation.
Manufacturing Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software and Adobe Acrobat software. Knowledge of AUTOCAD or PRO-E software is highly desired.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining our family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions about this job or the benefits that come with it? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.