Manufacturing EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Manufacturing engineers work on every step of the manufacturing process. In particular, they must identify possible improvements in product design and the assembly line processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create new work instructions systems for instruction in production
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of existing manufacturing processes for improvement, not excluding tooling and work fixtures
- Creating prototype tooling/ fixtures guided by engineering design
- Conducting cost analysis with financial teams for ROI
- Managing inventory control of tools
- Manufacturing engineers must also remain up-to-date on new manufacturing processes. This will help them make decisions when it comes to improving optimizations across product lines.
- They may also be asked to handle quality management, quality control, material flow, procurement, and supply chain management.
- Perform technical studies of complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components).
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer.
- Use Epicor and Tulip to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process.
- Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements. Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering using Auto Cad, and or Solid works.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed.
- Perform audit of floor operations output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures.
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes.
- With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good information technology skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of equipment for purchase, installation and repair
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering, or a related engineering field.
- Eight or more years of engineering and work experience.
- Auto Cad experience and or Solid works
- Use of ERP software knowledge
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.