Manufacturing Engineers (REQ# 182780)
Manufacturing Engineers (REQ# 182780)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
Under minimal supervision, independently prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function (including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Perform technical studies of a complex nature, conduct analysis of operations (existing or proposed)
- Prepare a report of recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as detail components)
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional Operations Engineer
- Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to support effective corrective actions
- Author MBOM in SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation process
- Assist in make-or-buy proposals and recommend corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors, attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving vendor problems
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure conformance to requirements
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment and facility requests
- Perform producibility studies from engineering drawings to identify opportunities to enhance manufacturing ability to meet requirements
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing assessments with Engineering
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or reports as needed
- Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures
- Must demonstrate knowledge of ME policies and procedures
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and future processes
- With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as a team member or leader
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives
- Aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan
- Ensure Quality policies are being practiced; make recommendations and implement procedures to improve quality
- Initiate and maintain accurate daily/weekly activity status based on work output, as required. Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen months Manufacturing Engineering, planning, or related technical experience.
- Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
- Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or higher preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.