Manufacturing ManagersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Managers in Laporte, Indiana.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for providing leadership in manufacturing excellence, ensuring customer satisfaction and continuous improvement of plant performance measurements (quality, productivity, cycle time, delivery and cash flow). This position has overall accountability and provides direction for hourly and manufacturing support employees via direct reports (production supervisors).
- Follow Howmet’s Safety Regulations and work Rules Handbook along with all department specific safety requirements.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products and services in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Directs, supervises, leads and coaches direct reports (area leaders).
- Maintains quality and reduces inventory levels and lead times.
- Assists facilitators in performing their duties.
- Attends various meetings.
- Analyzes schedules and production reports, makes adjustments if necessary.
- Provides leadership and actively participates in safety and continuous improvement initiatives, methods, and ideas.
- Prepares performance reviews for direct reports and reviews indirect reports reviews.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- Ensure the safety of all employees by promoting a clean and safe work environment.
- Improve manufacturing planning, execution, and shop floor discipline.
- Accountable for operations quality metrics (executional scrap, second time yield, etc.)
- Provide leadership for lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Provide leadership to identify and remove non value added waste.
- Improve product flow and/or implement method improvements to reduce labor content.
- Develop and train for the professional and personal growth of team leaders, cell facilitators, supervisors and other manufacturing support personnel.
- Address any safety issues or non compliances immediately.
- Promote Injury Free Event (IFE) reporting and Human Performance initiatives
- Effectively manage applicable department budgets.
- Maintain good relations and communication with customers.
- Collaborate with plant manager to develop and communicate strategic plans, team goals and objectives that align with business objectives.
- Contribute to other location specific and corporate teams.
- Conduct capacity analysis to drive standard work and ensure accuracy of standards.
- Drive cost reductions to improve profitability while maintaining excellent delivery performance.
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce WIP and cycle time.
- Communicate all relevant information to Staff, customers and management.
- Understand constraint management, OEE and apply techniques that exploit constraints to improve OEE.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modifications to the process in order to improve production and quality of the products.
- Be willing to travel on work related business
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Five years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Three years work experience in a leadership position in a manufacturing environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Direct experience executing lean manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives; including Kaizen projects.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Masters degree a plus
- Implementing and maintaining positive employee relations
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Effective communicator, strong coaching/employee development skills
- Knowledge of machine setup reduction techniques
- Material Resource Planning
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to make “tough decisions”
- Business literacy
- Strong organizational/time management skills
- Strong personal drive to excel.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.