Manufacturing Plant Controllers
Manufacturing Plant ControllersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Plant Controllers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
The Manufacturing Plant Controller provides financial leadership to a manufacturing facility(s). The Controller will be responsible for maintaining a control environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies.
The Manufacturing Plant Controller is expected to be a dynamic leader on the plant leadership team by contributing to all areas of plant management.
Reports to: Corporate CFO with dotted line to the COO of the Manufacturing Division.
Location: Primary work location Ridgeland, SC with some workdays in Savannah, GA monthly. Remote not an option.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Leads financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes
- Prepares and delivers the plant financial forecasts and projections
- Monitors the plant’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the accounting team
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
- Timely and accurate closing process
- Forecast accuracy and timeliness
- Balance sheet integrity
- In-depth variance analysis
Driving Plant Profitability:
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics
- Key performance indicators
- Productivity against plan
- Financial performance against plan
- Return on capital
- Results of capital projects
Cross-Functional Leadership & Team Contribution:
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve division objectives
- Shares best practices across division, i.e., process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes.
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and stretching capabilities of employees.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance.
Financial & Operational Controls:
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant discipline required. CPA or CMA preferred.
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing operation(s)—leading operations planning, savings, forecasting and investment analysis
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles—understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level—has a bias for proactive action.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.