Manufacturing Quality Engineers
Manufacturing Quality EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Quality Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Responsible for strategic initiatives and project management support for related manufacturing systems and services. Provides leadership, training, promotion, enhancement, and support for engineering activities. Provides technical knowledge and expertise to production and engineering personnel enabling them to perform their responsibilities and grow their skills and abilities.
- This position creates an understanding of the products and services of functional areas, while facilitating the flow of information between functions.
- Leads the organization in embracing change and communicate the value and need for change.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development and advancement of all key stakeholders.
- This position will facilitate activities in support of H-Ds QMS (Quality Management System), support Continual Improvement activities that directly impact business performance, transfer knowledge/skills that can empower key stakeholders to take action(s) that contribute to the organizations success, support and drive the use of quality/business tools, techniques, and methodologies; supports the use of these tools in area of responsibility to increase quality skill/competency levels and impact business performance, perform various other duties as assigned.
- Implements Operational Excellence principles via continuous improvement activities to achieve a clearly defined and proven manufacturing process.
- Investigates and integrates new technology, best practices, and benchmarks with current processes.
- Provides expertise in concurrent product and process development and coaching in the transfer of knowledge into the systems, processes, and people.
- Contributes to the creation of targets for capital cost, piece cost, and development cost and provides parts, tooling, and processes within those targets.
- Supports and coordinates department during prototype builds, machine moves, and run-offs.
- Specifies the capability of equipment for capacity and continuing operations.
- Ensures that the process has Internal Production Part Approval Process (IPPAP) documentation and ISO compliance.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in manufacturing operations while integrating safety, ergonomics, standardized work, and efficient workflow principles.
- Provide technical leadership relative to the development and maintenance of robust Measurement Systems Analysis Plans within H-Ds APQP process.
- Collaborates with manufacturing and quality engineers to develop and implement appropriate measurement systems for control plans, coordinates quality lab activities to support existing measurement systems, and performs and coordinates measurement activities throughout a powertrain manufacturing and assembly plant.
- Serve as key technical resource responsible for shop floor CMM set-up, gage R&R performance, and ongoing support.
- Complete dimensional layout requests using the appropriate metrology equipment to confirm part-to-print inquiries.
- Supports gage calibration technician activities.
- Manage budget performance for plant gage calibration and maintenance services
- Support and drive the implementations of site Quality Plan activities to meet or exceed business performance goals.
- Participate in implementing the standardization of quality methods, measures, and tools.
- Support and participate in activities to ensure ISO 9001:2015 compliance and overall effectiveness of Harley-Davidsons QMS.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.