Manufacturing Specialists (Toolmaker/Machinist)
Manufacturing Specialists (Toolmaker/Machinist)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Specialists (Toolmaker/Machinist) in Dallas, Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a machine shop operating CNC mills, lathes, grinders etc.
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
- Follow written work instructions, works under minimal supervision, and must be a team player with good communication.
- Analyze specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assemble parts to make and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools
- Applying knowledge of tool and die designs and construction; shop mathematics; metal properties; and layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product.
- Compute dimensions and plans layout and assembly operations.
- Measure parts to close tolerance using precision measuring devices.
- Set up and operate machine tools (e.g., lathe, milling machine, shaper, and grinder) to machine parts.
- Verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- May examine standard or previously used tools or dies and modify as appropriate.
- May develop specifications from general descriptions and make drawing or sketch.
- Apply basic and develop advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Determine sequence of operations and set up procedures for repeatable set-up.
- Properly use required PPE .
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc.
- High School diploma or GED with 2+ years of experience in specialty area e.g. machine shop, tool making, etc. (or equivalent education/ experience in the field or in a related area).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.