Manufacturing Technicians (LPE Weigh Out & Seal Off)
Manufacturing Technicians (LPE Weigh Out & Seal Off)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Technicians in Dallas, Texas.
This is a contract position that is available immediately.
Summary of Role:
- Work in the LPE lab, as a manufacturing technician.
- The candidate will be asked to operate tools within the LPE manufacturing area.
- They candidate must be flexible and able to perform a wide variety of processes including weighing out precise measurements of raw materials on a scale.
- Using grinders, saws, and a torch to weight out and seal off, ampoules.
- Roughly 4 hours will be in a cleanroom setting, the rest will require appropriate PPE.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Semiconductor industry
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to work alone, and be a self-starter, initiative driven – communication with team is key
- Must have basic math / reading comprehension skills, recording data and doing calculations is a daily part of the job
- Microscope capability
- Must be able to do a repetitive job with precision, consistently
- Computer literacy and mechanical inclination
- Will to work with chemicals and solvents
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment and wear a smock, safety glasses, hairnet, gloves, and ESD shoes
- Experience with acetylene torch, welding or similar
- Experience with chemicals, particularly HF
- Computer skills – MS Office, data entry, ability to use a database
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate an acetylene torch to seal glass ampoules.
- Operate various solvent hoods as necessary, performing defect etching or glass cleaning as necessary
- Handle hazardous materials with appropriate PPE
- Ability to routinely use a microscope and a touch gauge
- High level of attention to detail (results of your work will determine successful compounding of raw materials)
- Ability to perform a repetitive task and record accurate results
- Interprets Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards i.e. SP (shop process)
- Recognize, communicate, and respond to process deviations and help identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.