Mass Properties Engineer
Mass Properties EngineerSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Mass Properties Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
- Perform mass properties analysis for production aircraft or production aircraft modified for Special Mission applications.
- Update a mass properties accounting database with detail part weight, center of gravity, and inertias.
- Perform actual weight and balance measurement of detail parts, assemblies and full aircraft.
- Prepare aircraft weight & balance documentation for flight and delivery (W&B Handbook, empty weight, W&B for flight, equipment list)
- Track and status structural or system weight versus target weights.
- Promote weight reduction opportunities to the responsible structural designers, system designers or stress engineers.
- Provide and report to management on Aircraft Weight and Balance status
- Coordinate activities to insure weight targets/goals are met What you’ll bring to the team:
- Apply your education as an Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Systems, or Mechanical engineer to provide quality mass properties analysis.
- Apply people skills to provide optimum lightweight design concepts while working with design team.
- Experience with CATIA and SmarTeam is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years aircraft mass properties experience in product development environment.
- Strong weight control skills including influencing, accounting, reporting, measuring, risk and opportunity identification for structure and systems.
- Proficient in weight calculation from engineering drawings and catia v4/v5 models.
- Experienced in database maintenance.
- Familiarity with products and design processes desired.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.