STS Technical Services is hiring Material Analysts in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Senior Material Cost Estimator supports all aspects of the Global Procurement & Supply Chain (GPSC) proposal process in accordance with all applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and standards and will interact across multiple departments and at all levels of internal and external organizations. This role will support and implement overall strategy to reduce proposal turnaround time, improve quality, and ensure compliance with the GPSC proposal and estimating processes; develop cost models, tools, and material estimates in accordance with the Estimating System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Internal Audit Manager reports to the VP Internal Audit and supports Corporate Finance and the business units in the performance of internal audits, internal control compliance efforts, analyzing the impact of new accounting standards and internal control requirements, integrating acquisitions, identification and communication of internal control issues and opportunities, and the support of the resolution of these issues and opportunities. This position may require domestic and international travel and has the opportunity to rotate out in 2-3 years or as opportunities become available.
- Research and analyze data from a variety of internal and external sources to develop and maintain defensible cost estimating tools and associated Basis of Estimate (BOE) documentation in support of proposal efforts, supplier negotiations, and cost-savings efforts.
- Collaborate with Suppliers, Commodity Teams, Engineering, and other internal departments to gather data used to develop and support cost estimates, support supplier negotiations, and identify cost savings opportunities through the utilization of should-cost, target pricing, supplier negotiations, and benchmarking.
- Analyze technical drawings and other documentation to develop material cost estimates and relevant material BOEs utilizing cost estimating tools and techniques in support of pricing proposals.
- Develop compliant price reasonableness documentation that satisfies all requirements including clear, concise, and adequate procurement summaries documenting source selection, price analysis, and negotiations.
- Read and understand RFP requirements, develop detailed estimating and price analysis plan, and prepare and submit CBOMs in accordance with the Estimating & Pricing Manual.
- Communicate, as required, effectively with internal and external customers during the proposal process and for the duration of the contract period for the exchange of information.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain Material Cost Estimating Team objectives and assist in the development, maintenance and monitor the GPSC estimating standards, procedures, and processes.
- Benchmark and analyze industry best practices, maintain current knowledge of industry trends in material cost estimating and price analysis techniques, and maintain current knowledge of the FAR, DFARs, and Estimating System requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Procurement, Finance, Engineering or a related area.
- Requires a willingness and ability to work extended hours when proposal schedules necessitate.
- Up to 10% travel.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (CPSM, CSCP, SPSC, PMP, etc.).
- Material cost estimating experience in manufacturing or defense industry.
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, cost accounting, negotiation, and creation of cost estimating models.
- Strong working knowledge of FAR / DFARS and other relevant procurement laws and regulations.
- Ability to read and understand RFP requirements and execute Bid Strategy.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical drawings and documents.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage after 30 days of employment
- Fantastic opportunities for career advancement
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 16 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.