Material Control Specialists (REQ# 177216)
Material Control Specialists (REQ# 177216)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Control Specialists in Savannah, Georgia.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities within the Material Logistics process: DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control. Performs related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations.
- Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the entire material flow process.
- Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations.
- Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and damages.
- Move material from one staging/stocking location to another, using appropriate inventory transactions.
- Responsible for the processing of material using automated systems; ensure the timely delivery of material.
- Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate systems and expedite to using department.
- Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process.
- Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material and generate parts identification tags.
- Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required to move material.
- Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
- Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material functions.
- Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or suppliers to meet GAC needs.
- May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by production schedule.
- Ensure housekeeping in work area.
- Comply with all company safety regulations.
- Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities.
- Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
- Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.
- Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
- Meet productivity requirements.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of material experience expediting and/or warehouse operations.
- Able to pass math and reading assessment.
- Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
- Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.