STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Handlers in Augusta, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
The Material Handler is responsible for handling, moving, loading, and unloading materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment.
- Locates and delivers material according to the Standard Operating Procedure following the material handling plan
- Responsible for moving materials from Warehouse/Dock/Trailers to designated locations as required
- Unload and load common carrier and vendor vehicles as required
- Verify part number and piece count of material being loaded and unloaded
- Deliver material to using department and warehousing as required
- Restock parts in a safe manner as required
- Responsible for the proper handling and condition of product being moved to insure product is moved in a safe manner and delivered without damage
- Responsibilities include the safety of fellow employees who may be in the path or area, during and at the time of delivery
- Maintain equipment on a daily basis in good operating condition (daily operator maintenance)
- Assists in training newly assigned personnel in Equipment Operator Training
- Performs 5S duties as required
- Assists supervision in maintaining proper inventory control using E-Z-GO cycle count process
- Performs material handling duties as required
- Expedites materials from other departments to user department
- Performs all other assigned duties as instructed by supervision
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- GA State Class 5 Vehicle license or equivalent preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to utilize scales in proper weight/count procedures when required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.